Back to School 2018
This page is designed help parents and students easily find important back to school dates, requirements and information. Click on the tabs below to navigate through the information. Please give us a call at 609-921-2330 if you have any questions.
- Online Registration
- Required Registration Forms
- 2018-2019 Supply Lists
- 2018-2019 Textbook Info
- Summer Reading & Assignments
- 2018-2019 Uniform Guidelines
- iPad Boot Camps for Middle School
- Upper School Technology BYOD
- Fall Athletics
- Back to School Nights
- Before and After School Programs
- Health Office
- Dining Services
- Parent and Student Handbooks
- Volunteer Drivers
- Flag Ceremony
- StuartFest and Global Service Day
The following forms may be required:
Required for all students who reside in New Jersey.
- NJ State Textbook Loan Form
- NJ Textbook forms can be mailed or brought in over the summer to the Admissions Office.
NJ Private School Bus Transportation (B6T Form)
- New Jersey resident students in K-grade 8 who live 2-20 miles from Stuart and students in grades 9-12 who live 2.5-20 miles from Stuart are eligible.
- B6T Form must be completed and submitted to the Admissions Office at Stuart by August 1, 2018.
- Download the B6T Application for Private School Transportation.pdf
Physical Exam Forms are required each year for:
- All New Students
- All Middle and Upper School Athletes
- All students entering Preschool, junior kindergarten, kindergarten, and grades 3, 6, 9, and 11.
- Physical Exam Forms must be submitted to the school nurse by August 1, 2018.
- Download Physical Exam Forms
Required for all Upper School athletes
Textbooks are provided for Lower School students at Stuart. Middle and Upper School students must purchase their books. K12 Student Direct is the preferred distributor of Stuart textbooks. Middle School textbooks are available now and Upper School textbooks will be available June 20.
Middle School Textbook List
Upper School Textbook List
Lower School Summer Math
- 2018 Rising Kindergarten Math Letter
- 2018 Rising First Grade Summer Math
- 2018 Rising Second Grade Summer Math
- 2018 Rising Third Grade Summer Math
- 2018 Rising Fourth Grade Summer Math
- 2018 Rising Fifth Grade Summer Math
Lower School Summer Reading
- 2018 Rising Kindergarten Summer Reading
- 2018 Rising First Grade Summer Reading
- 2018 Rising Second Grade Summer Reading
- 2018 Rising Third Grade Summer Reading
- 2018 Rising Fourth Grade Summer Reading
Middle School Summer Reading and Assignments
- 2018 Required Summer Reading for Rising Grades 5–6
- 2018 Required Summer Reading for Rising Grades 7–8
- 2018 Rising Fifth Grade Summer Math
- 2018 Summer Math Rising Grades 6-8
Upper School Summer Reading
Students in Lower School, grades K–4 and Middle School, grades 5–8, are required to wear a uniform.
To ensure all uniforms meet the Stuart dress code, we request you purchase uniforms from our official vendor, Lands’ End.
For Middle School, use the Preferred School Order Number: 900138264.
For Lower School, use the Preferred School Order Number: 900025313.
Gently used uniforms may be purchased in Stuart's Encore Emporium, open during the summer as well as the school year. The Encore Emporium is located on the lower level of C-Corridor at Stuart.
Gym clothes will be available for purchase at the School Division Orientations or in the Bookbag, the Stuart spirit store.
Bring Your Own iPad Program Middle School, Grades 5-8
As part of the program, students new to the Middle School (including all students entering grade 5) are required to attend an iPad Boot Camp with a parent prior to the first day of school. We are offering iPad Boot Camps on the following dates:
Wednesday, August 22, 9:00 AM–12:00 PM
Tuesday, September 4, 1:00–4:00 PM
Upper School BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) Program
Beginning September 2018, in the Upper School only, students may use laptops and other tablets. The iPad continues to be a recommended device in the Upper School as many students have found it to be very useful. The iPad will remain the only device approved for use in the Middle School. As our students get closer to college, we are excited to offer technology options to make the transition easier and allow what works best for each individual student.
Sports Clinics information for the fall will be available in July.
- Field Hockey begins 8/15 at 8:00 AM (Turf)
- Tennis begins 8/15 at 9:00 AM (Tennis Courts)
- Volleyball begins 8/15 at 9:00 AM (Gym)
- Cross Country begins 8/29 at 10:00 AM (Weight-room)
Please make sure you have turned in the following paperwork to Stuart prior to participating in pre-season fall athletics:
Required for all Middle and Upper School athletes
Stuart Physical Examination Form
Due August 1, 2018
Required for all Upper School athletes
- Concussion Consent Form
- Sudden Cardiac Death Basic Facts
- Sudden Cardiac Death Acknowledgement Form
- Please contact the trainer, Megan Cianfrone at email@example.com to make an appointment for concussion testing.
- Use and Misuse of Opioid Drugs Fact Sheet
- Use and Misuse of Opioid Drugs Acknowledgement Form
Stuart offers students the opportunity to participate in extended-care and enrichment programs. Before and After School Care is available from 7:00-7:30 AM and 3:00-6:00 PM.
In addition, Stuart offers students and siblings of Stuart students after school enrichment options.
Fall 2018 enrichment programs information will be available soon on the Extended Day Programs page.
Physical Exam Forms - Due August 1, 2018
A physical examination is required for the following students:
- All new students
- All Middle and Upper School athletes
- All students entering preschool, JK, kindergarten, and grades 3, 6, 9 and 11
Forms for students with allergies
The following forms are required for all students with an Allergy Action Plan:
Forms for students with asthma
The following forms are required for students with Asthma.
Forms for students requiring medication during school hours
Additional information can be found on the Health Office web page.
- Lower School students have the option to purchase a lunch meal plan. Snacks and breakfast are not included. A declining balance account may be used for snacks and breakfast.
- Continuing for 2018-2019, the cost of lunch is included in tuition for Middle and Upper School students. Snacks and breakfast are not included. A declining balance account may be used for snacks and breakfast.
If you'd like to purchase a half-year or full-year lunch meal plan for your Lower School student, please send the Flik Dining Services sign-up form with a check or money order to FISD c/o Stuart Country Day School, 1200 Stuart Road, Princeton, NJ 08540 before August 15.
Visit the Dining Services webpage for additional information on a declining balance account, a dining services mobile app, menus, and more.
Volunteer parent drivers are needed in the Lower School
Throughout the school year each grade level will schedule off-campus trips that may require parent drivers. It is a policy of our Business Office and insurer that parents complete an application form and be approved to drive students other than their own child to off campus trips. A new application must be submitted each school year. Without sufficient drivers, some trips may not take place. Volunteering does not obligate you to drive unless your schedule allows. All applications must be submitted and approved by the end of September. Please consider becoming part of this important volunteer parent pool!
StuartFest and Global Service Day for the Network of Sacred Heart Schools
Saturday, September 15, 2-4 PM
Join us for an afternoon of good food, games and fun for the whole family, as the entire Stuart community gathers to celebrate the start of the school year. In conjunction with StuartFest, this year we are celebrating a special bicentennial anniversary of Sacred Heart education in the United States. Our afternoon of service will honor Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne, a pioneer missionary of the Society of the Sacred Heart, who came to St. Charles, Missouri, from France and founded the first free school west of the Mississippi in September 1818. We will join together as the international family of the Sacred Heart to honor St. Philippine with a day of service in her name. Volunteers are needed to help plan and organize service and special children's activities including face painting, arts and crafts, balloons and more! Please sign up to volunteer here.