In Sacred Heart tradition, all three divisions usually commemorate the school year with Prize Day ceremonies and receptions. Since Prize Day is an opportunity to honor our students for their intellectual and personal growth throughout the year, we didn't let distance learning restrictions stop us from celebrating our students. The Lower and Middle School students enjoyed drive-through parades, and the Upper School gathered for a moving and poignant Prize Day ceremony that not only recognized all students, but individual students in the junior class and all four grades of the Upper School were recognized with special awards. See below for a list of awards. Click here for awards given to members of the senior class.
Click here for a recording of the Upper School Prize Day
Click below to view photos of the Lower and Middle School Prize Day Parades
Junior Class Department Awards:
- The University of Rochester Bausch and Lomb Science Award for Outstanding Achievement in Science: Shirley Xie
- The Rensselaer Medal (Math and Science): Holly Zhuang
- The George Washington University School of Engineering and Applied Science Medal (Math and Science): Shirley Xie
- The Hubert Alyea Award (Sciences): Allison Tarbotton
- The James J Hughes, Jr. Sports Award: Nia Melvin
The Alan Pugh Award: Molly Lagay
Given to a member of the Junior Class who exhibits both intellectual curiosity and respect, acceptance and concern for others.
The Barat Award, instituted by Student Government and selected by students, recognizes one student from each grade who demonstrates self-sacrifice, compassion, respect for self and others, courtesy, a sense of balance and good judgment, and overall citizenship.
- Freshman Barat Award: Mia Zebrauskas
- Sophomore Barat Award: Jadyn Piotrowski
- Junior Barat Award: Ronnie Zhang
- Senior Barat Award: Heather Kwafo
The Head of School Award, established in Honor of Sister Frances de la Chapelle is selected by faculty, is presented to a student in each of the four grades who through the process of challenging herself and by her willingness to take risks, has grown in self-awareness and has positively impacted the quality of life in the Upper School.
- Freshman Head of School Award: Hannah Feldman
- Sophomore Head of School Award: Caroline Chen
- Junior Head of School Award: Allison Tarbotton
- Senior Head of School Award: Aditi Mehndiratta