Endowments & Scholarships
Please join us in making the financial future of Stuart a priority. We ask you to protect the Stuart tradition of high-quality education for every girl who seeks and deserves it—regardless of race, religion, or economic background. To carry on Stuart's unique tradition of developing leadership in girls, we must build our endowment.
Endowment funds are used for:
- Attracting and retaining the most gifted students
- Recruiting the most qualified and dedicated faculty
- Providing the most relevant, challenging and comprehensive curricula.
Stuart Country Day School of the Sacred Heart seeks through its endowment to ensure the future of Sacred Heart education for women. Many independent schools maintain an endowment to ensure their long-term security. Funds donated to Stuart’s endowment are invested and managed wisely to maximize interest potential.
Income from the investment of the school's endowment, together with fundraising initiatives, helps to bridge the gap between tuition and the school’s actual operating expenses.
Become a part of Stuart’s Future
A strong, growing endowment helps keep tuition affordable. Your gifts to Stuart's endowment are an investment in the Stuart of today and tomorrow.
The Angels Program at Stuart Country Day School of the Sacred Heart enhances the lives of students by providing academically qualified young women with a private girls’ school education rooted in the philosophy of the Sacred Heart. The Angels Program serves students and families who have limited financial resources, and for whom a private-school education would otherwise be impossible. Stuart, because of its history and heritage as a Sacred Heart school, is uniquely qualified to identify, educate and support girls in need.
- What is endowment?
- What are the advantages of building the Stuart Endowment Fund?
- How can I create an endowment at the school?
- How are endowment gifts acknowledged?
- How are endowments used?
- Where may I give to the endowment fund?
- May I specify the use of my gift?
- How can I give to the endowment?
- How does Stuart decide to allocate endowment income?
- What type of asset can I give to the endowment?
- How do I transfer stocks or bonds to the endowment?
- Is it possible to make a gift to the endowment and then have the school pay me a specific rate of income for a period of time or the rest of my life?
- Can I escape high income and estate taxes on the benefits from a large IRA, rollover IRA, or pension/profit-sharing plan after my spouse and I have died?
- Will school representatives help me devise a gift and estate plan without obligating me to start giving right away?
- If I make a gift to the endowment, will by employer match it?
- How can I establish a named family fund?
- Will my family name be recognized after my lifetime?