Stuart Country Day School of the Sacred Heart is committed to delivering on our mission of preparing young women for lives of exceptional leadership and service. As we have for 55+ years, we will continue to achieve this through a challenging and innovative curriculum, superb teaching, and close attention to each girl and young boys’ personal development.
We began the Reopening planning process with a guiding principle: that the health and safety of our students, their families, and our faculty and staff will lead how and where we operate our school.
As we prepare to reopen Stuart this fall, we seek to offer our students a robust academic and co-curricular experience that is balanced with a commitment to the physical and emotional health of our community. We will meet each student where she is on her academic journey in September, and support her individual needs and that of your family.
Open for in-person learning on our beautiful campus this September, pending the directives of the governor, and
Provide synchronous remote learning opportunities for students unable or uncomfortable returning to school to engage in classroom and divisional activities, and
Provide a healthy environment where our community can engage in teaching and learning.
Stuart’s Health and Safety team was tasked with responsibility for the research and vetting of information that forms the basis of our Reopening planning. With information changing rapidly, and many unreliable sources, Stuart has identified three guiding agencies.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is the common national source for guidance on COVID-19.
Our reopening plans are coordinated with the state of New Jersey’s “The Road Back” and offer flexible models to respond to the stages of “Open” as defined in the State’s plan.
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers guidance that is based on data specific to the age of our students and promotes the overall health and well-being of children.
Click on the tabs below to navigate through important back to school dates, requirements and information. This page will be updated as new information is provided, with the majority of updates completed over the summer. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your tech support needs.
- mySTUART Parent Portal
- Access to online resources from distance learning
- Summer Reading & Assignments
- Health Office
- Bus Transportation Form
- Course Description Booklets
- Supply Lists
- Textbook Information
- Uniform and Dress Code Guidelines
- iPad Boot Camps for Middle School
- Upper School Technology BYOD
- Fall Athletics
- 2020 Back to School Nights
- Extended Day Program
- Dining Services
- Parent and Student Handbooks
- Volunteer Drivers
- Flag Ceremony - September 18, 2020
- Stuart Parent Association (SPA)
- Sacred Heart Glossary of Terms
- Dr. Patty Fagin, Head of School
- Darren Malone, Director of Facilities and
- Sustainable Planning
- Rose Neubert, Director of Finance and Operations
- Robert Missonis, Assistant Head of School
- Christen Jones, Director of Institutional Advancement
- Health & Safety: Tine Boss, School Nurse and Dr. Peter Krause MD
- Teaching & Learning: Robert Missonis, Assistant Head of School
- Technology: Alex Krupitsch, Director of Technology
- Student Life: Jan Baldwin, Fine Arts Chair, Middle School Dean
- Finance and Operations: Rose Neubert, Director of Finance and Operations
- External Communications: Hilary Morris, Associate Dir. of Communications
- Employee Relations: Joe Shiarappa, Director of Human Resources
- Auxiliary Programs: Anne Pierpont, Director of Auxiliary Programs
- Admissions and Enrollment: Christen Jones, Director of Institutional Advancement