Stuart Country Day School of the Sacred Heart is committed to delivering on our mission of preparing young women for lives of exceptional leadership and service. As we have for 55+ years, we will continue to achieve this through a challenging and innovative curriculum, superb teaching, and close attention to each girl and young boys’ personal development.
We began the Reopening planning process with a guiding principle: that the health and safety of our students, their families, and our faculty and staff will lead how and where we operate our school.
In September 2020, Stuart reopened with a robust academic and co-curricular experience that was balanced with a commitment to the physical and emotional health of our community.
Stuart has successfully remained open, 5 days a week, through the COVID pandemic, and plans to be open for the 2021-2022 school year.
Stuart’s Health and Safety team was tasked with responsibility for the research and vetting of information that forms the basis of our Reopening planning. With information changing rapidly, and many unreliable sources, Stuart has identified three guiding agencies.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is the common national source for guidance on COVID-19.
Our reopening plans are coordinated with the state of New Jersey’s “The Road Back” and offer flexible models to respond to the stages of “Open” as defined in the State’s plan.
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers guidance that is based on data specific to the age of our students and promotes the overall health and well-being of children.
The New Jersey Department of Health's COVID-19 Public Health Recommendations for Local Health Departments for K-12 Schools, published August 13, is intended for local health departments and is based on what is currently known about the transmission and severity of COVID-19 and is subject to change as additional information is known.
- Contact Tracing
- Close Contact
- Fully Vaccinated Guidance
- When to do COVID testing
- When to Stay Home - Sick/Testing, Close Contact, After Travel
- When Symptoms are Present In School
- Protocol for Returning to School
- Protocol for Confirmed COVID-19 Case
- The Flu and COVID
- Daily Temperature Checks/Magnus Health App
- Additional COVID Resources
Updates coming late spring 2021
Click on the tabs below to navigate through important back to school dates, requirements and information. This page will be updated on an ongoing basis. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your tech support needs.
- mySTUART Parent Portal
- Access to online resources from distance learning
- Summer Reading & Assignments
- Physical Exam and Immunization Forms
- Bus Transportation Form
- Course Description Booklets
- Supply Lists
- Textbook Information
- Uniform and Dress Code Guidelines
- iPad Boot Camps for Middle School
- Upper School Technology BYOD
- Fall Athletics
- 2020 Back to School Nights
- Extended Day Program
- Dining Services - Updated 8/28
- Parent and Student Handbooks
- Volunteer Drivers
- Flag Ceremony - September 18, 2020
- Stuart Parent Association (SPA)
- Sacred Heart Glossary of Terms
Magnus Health App Instructions
For any technical issues with the mobile app such as login problems, or problems completing the screening, please contact Magnus Customer Support at Magnus Health by phone at 877.461.6831 or by email at email@example.com. Parents can also use the Support Center for specific questions at https://magnushealthsupport.force.com/s/.
- Dr. Patty Fagin, Head of School
- Darren Malone, Director of Facilities and
- Sustainable Planning
- Rose Neubert, Director of Finance and Operations
- Robert Missonis, Assistant Head of School
- Christen Jones, Director of Institutional Advancement
- Health & Safety: Tine Boss, School Nurse and Dr. Peter Krause MD
- Teaching & Learning: Robert Missonis, Assistant Head of School
- Technology: Alex Krupitsch, Director of Technology
- Student Life: Jan Baldwin, Fine Arts Chair, Middle School Dean
- Finance and Operations: Rose Neubert, Director of Finance and Operations
- External Communications: Hilary Morris, Associate Dir. of Communications
- Employee Relations: Joe Shiarappa, Director of Human Resources
- Auxiliary Programs: Anne Pierpont, Director of Auxiliary Programs
- Admissions and Enrollment: Christen Jones, Director of Institutional Advancement
Dr. Patty L. Fagin
Head of School
Robert T. Missonis III
Assistant Head of School for Academic Leadership
and Head of Middle School
Chief Financial & Operating Officer
Director of Institutional Advancement