Nominate Outstanding Alumnae
- Barbara Boggs Sigmund Award Nomination Criteria
- Alumnae Gallery & Young Alumna Award Nomination Criteria
- Athletic Hall of Fame Nomination Criteria
Criteria for the Barbara Boggs Sigmund Award require that a candidate demonstrate a commitment in her life to the Sacred Heart values of:
A social awareness which impels to action,
A critical sense which has led to reflection in our society and its values, and
A profound commitment to the improvement of the human condition in the world.
We are seeking nominations for our Stuart Alumnae Gallery and our NEW Young Alumna Award, both of which highlight graduates who live out the ideals set forth in the Portrait of a Stuart Graduate. Graduates of the 5th, 10th, and 15th reunion classes are eligible for the Young Alumna Achievement Award.
There are so many Stuart Alumnae doing fabulous things and we want to share your stories in many ways, including the Alumnae Spotlights in the Alumnae eNews, stories in the Stuart News, and in the Alumnae Gallery.
New honorees will be selected in 2017.
The Athletic Hall of Fame honors women in our Stuart community who have made a significant achievement in their sport and who exemplify the principles of sportsmanship and those in the goals and criteria of Sacred Heart Schools.
Stuart recognizes the contributions of all its athletes throughout its history. It is the mission of the Athletic Hall of Fame Committee to induct, over a period of time, all deserving athletes as described in the criteria for selection. It is not the intent, nor the mission of the Athletic Hall of Fame to determine the best athlete of athletes in a particular sport or in the general athletic history of the school.
- The criteria for nomination of an athlete:
- The nominee must be out of high school for ten years.
- The nominee must have graduated from Stuart.
- The nominee must have competed in their sport for Stuart.
- The nominee must have made a significant achievement in their sport. This may have taken place at the high school, collegiate, national, or international level.
- Head varsity coaches must have been employed by Stuart for a minimum of five years.
- Athletic Directors must have been in the position for a minimum of five years.
- The nominee must have made a significant contribution to the athletic department over an extended period of time.
- Nominees must not be currently employed at the position for which they are being nominated.