Call for proposals for all sessions: STEM Talks, Business Fair, workshops, panels
#LEADLIKEAGIRL 2020 Keynote Speakers
Rachel Lears '95
Documentary Filmmaker and Director
Dr. Deborah Berebichez
Physicist, TV host and Data Scientist
Tiara Little '11
Netflix Animation Production Manager
Be prepared to be wowed! STEM Talks will be given by young women in high school on original scientific work or research from the past year. Each talk will be 5-8 minutes in length.
2018 STEM Talk topics included:
- Revolutionizing Cardiovascular Disease with Biochemical Optogenetics
- The Effectiveness of Operant Conditioning on Grey Reef Sharks
- Ethics in Action
- Enhancing Cardiomyocyte Proliferation to Improve Cardiac Cell Therapy
- STEM Mentorship
- Using Virtual Reality to Empathize with Vision Disabilities
- The Strategy to Purchase Cheapest Flight Ticket
- STEM Images of PMN-PT Supercells and Low-Cost Scanning Tunneling Microscope
- Gambler's Fallacy and Memoryless Property
- Observing Brain Tumor Growth Caused By MDA231-BrM2 Breast Cancer Cell Lines
$5,000 in cash prizes will be awarded to the top four STEM Talks!
Workshops and presentations will be delivered by young women in high school, educators and inspirational women in business. A partial list from last year includes:
- What’s in a Brand?
- Project Inquiry: How Real World Experience Can Shape Your Career Path
- How to Start Your Own Nonprofit and Tips to Apply Your Passion
- 10 Steps to Planning and Completing a Girl Scout Service Award
- The 5 Factors of Lifelong Success
- Public Speaking for Leadership
- Personal Finance for Students
- Bacteria Bioluminescence with Women from The Bassler Lab at Princeton University
- What Do Animals Bring to the Classroom?
- Make Hands-On Workshops for all ages
- Building Bridges
- Scientific Research for the Busy Student
- Empowering Girls to be Critical Consumers and Creators of Social Media
- Intro to 3D Printing with Tinkercad
- Strategic Recruiting of Girls for Computer Science Programs
- Playing for Power
- Leaders In and Out of Class
- Leadership through the (Camera) Lens
- Body Mechanics and Stretches for the 21st Century Student
- Chalk Talks 2.0: Exploring Sport & Leadership Through Digital Storytelling
- Leading Through the Arts
- Aligning Purpose with Possibility
The #LEADLIKEAGIRL Business Fair is an opportunity for high school girls to showcase their entrepreneurial spirit, creativity, and business acumen through a business plan of their own design.
Students will present their developed good or service to a panel of entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and a participating audience, in a competition for three cash prizes, awarded to the business plans that are deemed most innovative and profitable.
Students will have the opportunity to showcase their business plans at the Business Fair and Expo alongside experienced women who already own and operate their own businesses.
$5,000 in cash prizes will be awarded to the top four business plans!
Sponsor the Conference in 2020!
We want the #LEADLIKEAGIRL conference to be spectacular—and you can help! Please consider becoming a changemaker by sponsoring the conference today.
Sign up to be one of the first to know when registration opens.
#LEADLIKEAGIRL® is presented by: