Workshops, presentations and panel discussions will be geared towards elementary school, middle school and high school students as well as parents and educators.
Be prepared to be wowed! STEM Talks will be given by young women in high school on original scientific work or research from the past year. Each talk will be 5-8 minutes in length. A partial list includes:
- Nanoparticles Saving Sight
- Finding Confidence to Combat the Leaky Pipeline
- An Abundance Assessment of Black Sea Bass for the Appraisal of Oyster Cages
- The Digital Dance
- My School App
- Adolescent Autonomy and the Ethics in Making Medical Decisions
- The Selective Regeneration of Dopaminergic Neuronal Stem Cells
- Using Virtual Reality to Understand Intermolecular Reactions
Workshops and presentations will be delivered by young women in high school, educators, and leading women in business. A partial list includes:
- Fan of Your Brand
- How to Start Your Own Nonprofit and Tips to Apply Your Passion
- 10 Steps to Planning and Completing a Girl Scout Service Award
- The 5 Factors of Lifelong Success
- Public Speaking for Leadership
- Personal Finance for Students
- Bacteria Bioluminescence with Women from The Bassler Lab at Princeton University
- What Do Animals Bring to the Classroom?
- Make Hands-On Workshops for all ages
- Building Bridges
- Scientific Research for the Busy Student
- Empowering Girls to be Critical Consumers and Creators of Social Media
- Intro to 3D Printing with Tinkercad
- Strategic Recruiting of Girls for Computer Science Programs
The #LEADLIKEAGIRL Business Fair is an opportunity for high school girls to showcase their entrepreneurial spirit, creativity, and business acumen through a business plan of their own design.
Students will present their developed good or service to a panel of entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and a participating audience, in a competition for three cash prizes, awarded to the business plans that are deemed most innovative and profitable.
Students will have the opportunity to showcase their business plans alongside experienced mentor women who own businesses at the Business Fair and Expo.
Panel discussions will be with women in STEM careers, entrepreneurs, and leading women in business and finance.
- The Career Path to Finance
- Life as a Woman in a STEM Field
- Go local: Princeton Women Entrepreneurs
- Social Media for Parents
- Women Entrepreneurs in STEM
Dr. Ellen Stofan
Chief Scientist at NASA (through Dec. 2016)
Dr. Ellen Stofan was appointed NASA chief scientist on August 25, 2013, serving as principal advisor to NASA Administrator Charles Bolden on the agency's science programs and science-related strategic planning and investments.
CEO and Founder of Goldiblox
Debbie Sterling is the Founder and CEO of GoldieBlox, the award-winning children’s multimedia company disrupting the pink aisle in toy stores globally and challenging gender stereotypes with the world’s first girl engineer character.
#LEADLIKEAGIRL is presented by: