In a March 26, 2020 press release from the NJ Department of Education, Commissioner of Education Lamont O. Repollet reiterated that "as directed in Governor Murphy’s Executive Order No. 104 and affirmed in Executive Order No. 107, all public, private, and parochial preschool program premises, and elementary and secondary schools, including charter and renaissance schools, shall remain closed to students as long as the executive orders remain in effect."
The memo went on to state that "the decision to reopen schools lies squarely with Governor Murphy. We do not intend to assess the reopening of schools until at least April 17, 2020, at the earliest."
Distance learning at Stuart will start on Monday, March 30 and run through Monday, April 20. We are closely monitoring governmental mandates and will provide updated information should we need to extend the date of our closure.
- COVID-19 Positive Announcement - 3/24/20
- COVID-19 Positive Announcement - 3/21/20
- Distance Learning Announcement - 3/18/20
- COVID-19 Positive Announcement -3/15/20
- Update to Stuart Community - 3/13/20
- #LEADLIKEAGIRL Update - 3/11/20
- Update to Stuart Community - 3/10/20
- Update to Stuart Community - 3/6/20
- Update to Stuart Community - 2/28/20
The NJ Poison Control Center and 211 have partnered with the State to provide information to the Public on COVID-19:
Call (24/7): 1-800-962-1253
Text: NJCOVID to 898-211
Text: your ZIP code to 898-211 for live text assistance.
PA residents are advised to direct COVID-related questions to 1-877-PA-HEALTH (1-877-724-3258)
Penn Medicine (with a location in Princeton) recently published a list of FAQs addressing COVID-19 concerns like identifying symptoms, testing, treatment and illness prevention. Click here for the full list of questions.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- NJ Department of Health
- "How to Talk to Kids About Coronavirus" - New York Times
- "Talking to Teens and Tweens About Coronavirus" - New York Times
- "Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus" - NPR
- Coronavirus archive on NJFamily.com
All questions or concerns can be directed to email@example.com.
- All Stuart events are canceled through April 20, 2020. This includes athletics, arts, academics and third-party and outdoor rentals.
- #LEADLIKEAGIRL conference, which was scheduled for April 4
- Princeton Area Secondary Schools College Fair, which was scheduled for Stuart juniors on April 21 and April 22. There will be opportunities for admission counselors to visit Stuart in the fall and speak to the girls.
- First Friday for April and May
News about COVID-19 and the adjustment to distance learning may cause stress and anxiety in your children. Stuart's counseling staff will be available to help support students and families. Click here for a letter to parents from our school counselors.
EC & Lower School
From the Office of the Governor of NJ