Back to School 2017-2018
This page is designed help parents and students easily find important back to school dates, requirements and information. Click on the tabs below to navigate through the information. Please give us a call at 609-921-2330 if you have any questions.
- Online Registration
- Required Registration Forms
- 2017-2018 Supply Lists
- 2017-2018 Textbook Info
- Summer Reading & Assignments
- 2017-2018 Uniform Guidelines
- iPad Boot Camps
- Fall Athletics
- Back to School Nights
- Before and After School Programs
- Health Office
- Dining Services
- Parent and Student Handbooks
- Volunteer Drivers
- Flag Ceremony
The following forms may be required:
Required for all students who reside in New Jersey.
- NJ State Textbook Loan Form
- NJ Textbook forms can be mailed or brought in over the summer to Kate Simko in the Admissions Office.
NJ Private School Bus Transportation (B6T Form)
- New Jersey resident students in K-grade 8 who live 2-20 miles from Stuart and students in grades 9-12 who live 2.5-20 miles from Stuart are eligible.
- B6T Form must be completed and submitted to the Admissions Office at Stuart by August 1, 2016.
- Download the B6T Application for Private School Transportation.pdf
Physical Exam Forms are required each year for:
- All New Students
- All Middle and Upper School Athletes
- All students entering Preschool, junior kindergarten, kindergarten, and grades 3, 6, 9, and 11.
- Physical Exam Forms must be submitted to the school nurse byAugust 1, 2016.
- Download Physical Exam Forms
Required for all Upper School athletes
Textbooks are provided for Lower School students at Stuart. Middle and Upper School students must purchase their books. K12 Student Direct is the preferred distributor of Stuart textbooks. Middle School textbooks are available now and Upper School textbooks will be available July 15.
Middle School Textbook List
Upper School Textbook List
Lower School Summer Reading and Assignments
Lower School Summer Math Packets
2017 Rising Kindergarten Summer Math Packet
2017 Rising First Grade Summer Math Packet
2017 Rising Second Grade Summer Math Packet
2017 Rising Third Grade Summer Math Packet
2017 Rising Fourth Grade Summer Math Packet
2017 Rising Fifth Grade Summer Math Packet
Lower School Summer Reading Packets
Middle School Summer Reading and Assignments
Upper School Summer Reading
Students in Lower School, grades K–4 and Middle School, grades 5–8, are required to wear a uniform.
To ensure all uniforms meet the Stuart dress code, we request you purchase uniforms from our official vendor, Lands’ End.
For Middle School, use the Preferred School Order Number: 900138264.
For Lower School, use the Preferred School Order Number: 900025313.
Gently used uniforms may be purchased in Stuart's Encore Emporium, open during the summer as well as the school year. The Encore Emporium is located on C-Corridor at Stuart.
Gym clothes will be available for purchase at the School Division Orientations or in the Bookbag, the Stuart spirit store.
The Bring Your Own iPad program for grades 5-12 continues this academic year. Download the iPad Program FAQ.
As part of the program, each student new to the Middle or Upper School is required to attend an iPad Boot Camp with a parent prior to the first day of school. We are offering iPad Boot Camps on the following dates:
Wednesday, August 23, 9:00 AM–12:00 PM
Friday, September 1, 3:00–6:00 PM
Tuesday, September 5, 1:00–4:00 PM
Sports Clinics information for the fall will be available in July.
Volleyball Pre-Season begins on 8/21 at 9:00 AM
Cross Country Pre-Season begins on 9/2 at 10:00 AM
Tennis Pre-Season begins on 8/16 at 9:00 AM
Field Hockey Pre-Season begins on 8/16 at 8:00 AM
Please make sure you have turned in the following paperwork to Stuart prior to participating in pre-season fall athletics:
Required for all Middle and Upper School athletes
Stuart Physical Examination Form, due no later than August 1, 2017.
Required for all Upper School athletes
Stuart offers students the opportunity to participate in extended-care and enrichment programs. Before and After School Care is available from 7:00-7:30 AM and 3:00-6:00 PM.
In addition, Stuart offers students and siblings of Stuart students after school enrichment options.
Fall 2017 enrichment programs information will be available soon on the Extended Day Programs page.
Physical Exam Forms - Due August 1, 2017
A physical examination is required for the following students:
- All new students
- All Middle and Upper School athletes
- All students entering preschool, JK, kindergarten, and grades 3, 6, 9 and 11
Forms for students with allergies
The following forms are required for all students with an Allergy Action Plan:
Forms for students with asthma
The following forms are required for students with Asthma.
Forms for students requiring medication during school hours
Additional information can be found on the Health Office web page.
- Lower School students have the option to purchase a lunch meal plan. Snacks and breakfast are not included. A declining balance account may be used for snacks and breakfast.
- Continuing for 2017-2018, the cost of lunch is included in tuition for Middle and Upper School students. Snacks and breakfast are not included. A declining balance account may be used for snacks and breakfast.
If you'd like to purchase a half-year or full-year lunch meal plan for your Lower School student, please send the Flik Dining Services sign-up form with a check or money order to FISD c/o Stuart Country Day School, 1200 Stuart Road, Princeton, NJ 08540 before August 15.
Visit the Dining Services webpage for additional information on a declining balance account, a dining services mobile app, menus, and more.
Volunteer parent drivers are needed in the Lower School
Throughout the school year each grade level will schedule off-campus trips that may require parent drivers. It is a policy of our Business Office and insurer that parents complete an application form and be approved to drive students other than their own child to off campus trips. A new application must be submitted each school year. Without sufficient drivers, some trips may not take place. Volunteering does not obligate you to drive unless your schedule allows. All applications must be submitted and approved by the end of September. Please consider becoming part of this important volunteer parent pool!