A FREE CONFERENCE FOR GIRLS K-12, PARENTS & EDUCATORS
Saturday, April 14, 2018
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
STUART COUNTRY DAY SCHOOL OF THE SACRED HEART
1200 STUART ROAD, PRINCETON,NJ
Call for Proposals
Be prepared to be wowed! STEM Talks will be given by young women in high school on original scientific work or research from the past year. Each talk will be 5-8 minutes in length. A partial list from last year includes:
- Nanoparticles Saving Sight
- Finding Confidence to Combat the Leaky Pipeline
- An Abundance Assessment of Black Sea Bass for the Appraisal of Oyster Cages
- The Digital Dance
- My School App
- Adolescent Autonomy and the Ethics in Making Medical Decisions
- The Selective Regeneration of Dopaminergic Neuronal Stem Cells
- Using Virtual Reality to Understand Intermolecular Reactions
Significant cash prizes will be awarded to the top three STEM Talks!
The #LEADLIKEAGIRL Business Fair is an opportunity for high school girls to showcase their entrepreneurial spirit, creativity, and business acumen through a business plan of their own design.
Students will present their developed good or service to a panel of entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and a participating audience, in a competition for three cash prizes, awarded to the business plans that are deemed most innovative and profitable.
Students will have the opportunity to showcase their business plans at the Business Fair and Expo alongside experienced women who already own and operate their own businesses.
Significant cash prizes will be awarded to the top three business plans!
Workshops and presentations will be delivered by young women in high school, educators and inspirational women in business. A partial list from last year includes:
- What’s in a Brand?
- Project Inquiry: How Real World Experience Can Shape Your Career Path
- How to Start Your Own Nonprofit and Tips to Apply Your Passion
- 10 Steps to Planning and Completing a Girl Scout Service Award
- The 5 Factors of Lifelong Success
- Public Speaking for Leadership
- Personal Finance for Students
- Bacteria Bioluminescence with Women from The Bassler Lab at Princeton University
- What Do Animals Bring to the Classroom?
- Make Hands-On Workshops for all ages
- Building Bridges
- Scientific Research for the Busy Student
- Empowering Girls to be Critical Consumers and Creators of Social Media
- Intro to 3D Printing with Tinkercad
- Strategic Recruiting of Girls for Computer Science Programs
Panel discussions will be with women in STEM careers, entrepreneurs, and leading women in business and finance. A partial list from last year includes:
- The Career Path to Finance
- Life as a Woman in a STEM Field
- Go local: Princeton Women Entrepreneurs
- Social Media for Parents
- Women Entrepreneurs in STEM
If you are interested in participating in a panel please contact Shannon Rangecroft at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsor the Conference!
We want the #LEADLIKEAGIRL conference to be spectacular—and you can help! Please consider becoming a changemaker by sponsoring the conference today.
I'd like to know when registration is open and speakers are announced.
Reactions from the 2017 #LEADLIKEAGIRL conference
#LEADLIKEAGIRL: A Conference for Risk-Takers and Changemakers will showcase and inspire girls’ confidence and creativity in STEM, entrepreneurism and leadership. Young women of all ages and their parents are invited to connect with experts, mentors, and each other.
#LEADLIKEAGIRL is presented by: